How to Have Fuller, Shinier Hair
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Would you like to have fuller, shinier hair? Who wouldn’t want healthier looking hair? The thing is, many just don’t understand what makes your hair healthy in the first place (or what things are keeping it unhealthy).
There are many things that we cannot control that affect our hair. Things like genetics, the weather, and even pollution can have an impact on our hair and there’s not much we can do about it. However, there are other things that we can help influence. These include the products we use, how we care for our hair, and even the food we eat. We’re going to take a look at some of the things you can control that will contribute to healthier looking hair.
1. Drink a lot of water – Water is so important for all of our body and its functions. This is true for our hair as well. Hydrated hair will be fuller and shinier than hair that is dried out and starved for water.
2. Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet – The food you eat has a huge impact on the health of your hair. The “cleaner” you eat, the better your hair will look. Healthy fruits and vegetables, nuts, and proteins will keep your hair looking its best.
3. Increase your protein – If you want stronger, fuller hair, consider increasing your protein intake.
4. Beat shedding with zinc – If you’re struggling with shedding or thinning hair, you may be low on zinc.
5. Understand your hair type – You need to know this in order to care for it properly and avoid breakage and other issues.
6. Use the right shampoo – Never wash more than once a day. Use just enough shampoo to cover your hair, and try not to use a harsh shampoo. You should rinse in lukewarm water. Avoid very hot and very cold water when washing.
7. Condition well and often – Conditioning is SO important for healthy hair. You need to use conditioner regularly and if your hair is very dry, curly, or prone to tangles, you might also consider a leave-in conditioner.
8. Massage your scalp – Massaging your scalp when you wash and at the end of the day is great for your hair. This will increase blood circulation and promote hair growth.
9. Avoid harsh dyes or bleaching – If you color your hair, you should choose a shade that is within three shades of your natural hair color. You should avoid harsh dyes, at-home hair colors, and bleaching if you want to keep your hair healthy.
With these tips, you can have fuller, shinier hair. You may be surprised at how quickly your hair starts to adjust to your new routine. When you take care of your body from the inside, it starts to show on the outside, and this includes with the hair and nails.