5 Great Uses for Coconut Oil
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Coconut oil is very versatile and can do many things from a healthy way to moisturize to cooking oil. Coconut oil is a natural skin moisturizer and is absorbed by the skin quickly with a non greasy feel. While most people use it for diluting their essential oils, we have 5 great uses for coconut oil that are different than that.
Coconut oil can also be a form of natural beauty treatments and also natural medicine. Most coconut oils are a solid until it comes into contact with your skin, which then melts the coconut oil into a spreadable form.
Here are 5 great uses for coconut oil
1. Energy booster – coconut oil has a medium chain triglycerides so when partnered with chia seeds. The chia seeds help with endurance and performance while the coconut oil helps with metabolising the chia seeds and also helps aid with digestion. Coconut oil can also replace the creamer in your coffee naturally.
2. Boost your smoothies – when adding 1 – 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to your fruit smoothie you amp up the nutrients naturally and help fight cholesterol. It helps add healthy fats your diet through smoothies. When adding coconut oil to your smoothie you’ll need to take the extra step of melting the oil a little before adding to the smoothie. Don’t get it too hot, I don’t think you’d like a hot smoothie. Add the coconut oil to your smoothie as it’s blending to make sure it’s well blended and delicious.
3. Wrinkle reducer – for the areas around your eyes that can show wrinkles just add a dab of coconut oil before bed. Simply leave the oil on overnight to help stop the premature aging process. Coconut oil can also be combined with frankincense for even more premature aging defense.
4. Makeup remover – it is so hard to find a makeup remove that you like only for it to be discontinued. Did you know you can also use coconut oil as a makeup remover? Yes, you can! A tiny dab of coconut oil can liquify eye makeup. Run the coconut oil over your upper and lower eyelids to remove the makeup and then wash with a warm damp cloth. The coconut oil will help hydrate around the eyes and doesn’t have a sting like those other makeup removers. While removing your makeup coconut oil also doubles as a gentle face wash. Just a little something to keep in mind.
5. Moisturize after a shower – our bodies get it pretty rough during the day even when we aren’t noticing. Coconut oil has natural SPF so it is great with helping minimize sun damage, which also makes it great as a natural sunscreen.. Coconut oil will help hydrate your skin after a shower of bath when applied liberally all over the body. Coconut oil is also great to use after shaving as well. If you find your lips are chapped, add a little coconut oil to them too.
As you see coconut oil has many great uses for the everyday life. There are a lot of other great benefits as well but these are by far our favorite.